‘Talking to Strangers’ is a new anthology from Sweatdrop Studios, which is debuting at the upcoming October London MCM Expo. Its a black and white book that boasts a page count of 228 at a standard price of £7 (but will have a special price of £6 over the Expo weekend). More information, plus page samples, can be found on the thread over on their forums.
This comic is a collection of short stories written by Fehed Said (who also wrote The Clarence Principle) and illustrated by a variety of up-and-coming UK manga talent. The book features work by
- Sonia Leong, whose work most recently appears in the ‘Domo’ manga, but who also has several other both professional and personal comic titles in print.
- Nana Li, recently the artist for SelfMadeHero’s Manga Shakespeare version of ‘Twelfth Night’
- Chloe Citrine, creator of the popular webcomic ‘Rainbow Carousel’ (of which print volume 1 has now also been released)
- Faye Yong, who most recently worked on the Manga Shakespeare version of ‘The Merchant of Venice’
- Wing Yun Man, who works as an artist for Eyeko Makeup, and has recently been drawing their webcomic
But don’t worry if you can’t make it to Expo! Sweatdrop assure us that will we be available from their online shop soon after the event. This promises to be a world-class release, so do keep an eye out for it if you’re going to the show ^_^